- Contact your precinct chairman or County GOP chairman to find out if you were elected as an alternate or delegate to the Mar 10 County Convention.
- St. Williams precinct: contact Karen Ross (firstname.lastname@example.org) or your precinct chairman Dale Provenzano. email@example.com
- Others should contact County Chair Ron Sadowski: 912-269-0011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Who participates at the county convention? Those who were elected as delegates or alternates by the 58 people in attendance at the Feb 18 Mass Meeting. It could be hundreds but most likely fewer than 100 will show up.
- How many were allocated to the County? Only the County and State GOP knows. Normally the NUMBER of alternates and delegates allocated from precinct to county is PUBLIC info.based on a public formula and public election results. But supposedly Glynn County Bd of Elections improperly posted the precinct vote totals from 2008 so those public numbers couldn't be used in the delegate allocation. The State GOP obtained the correct allocations but the info has not been made public.
- How many were actually elected to the County? Appears 223 delegates and 76 alternates.
- Who can be elected alternate or delegate FROM the COUNTY Convention TO the District and State Conventions? The delegates at the County Convention can select anyone they want (who is an eligible voter) to be a delegate to District or State. There are no requirements as to party membership, party financial donations, party activism, etc. and you do not have to be present at the County to be elected to the District or State. But if more than 98 people want to be delegates or alternates to district or state then they will have to COMPETE - and either have the power of VOTES or the power of persuasion.
They must show up and be seated as delegates.
Details for the Glynn County Precincts: these are my calculations for the delegate/alternate allotments per precinct to the Glynn County convention. The allocations are based on 1 delegate/alternate per precinct PLUS 1 per 50 votes for McCain in 2008.
Sterling Church of God 1+14 = 15
Sterling Elem School 1+16 = 17
Marshes of Glynn 1+16 = 17
Satilla Marsh 1+13 = 14
First Baptist SSI = 1+12=13
St. Williams Church 1+16=17 The final number allocated 37 delegates + 37 alternates.
Oglethorpe Point 1+8 = 9
Christian Renewal 1+12 = 13
Jekyll Island 1+5=6
American Legion 1+5=6
Northside Church 1+10=11
C B Greer 1+19 = 20
Beverly Shores 1+9 = 10
College Place 1+4=5
Ballard Recreation 1+6=7
City Rec 1+7=8
Burroughs Molette 1+1=2
Seldon Park 1+0 = 1