▪ Oct 9 Mon Last day to register to vote in the Nov 6 general election
▪ Oct 15 Mon Advance (in person) voting starts
▪ Oct 26-27 Ludwig Von Mises Institute 30th Anniversary Celebration, Callaway Gardens, Pine Mountain. www.mises.org
▪ Oct 27 Sat Early voting
▪ Nov 6 Tue ELECTION DAY
▪ Nov 9-11 Fri-Sun Ga Literary Festival, Golden Isles
▪ Dec 1 Sat 1:00-5:00 pm Magnolia Garden Club 4th Annual Historic Christmas Tour http://mgcbrunswickga.blogspot.com
▪ May 17 and 18, 2013, State GOP Convention in Athens, GA
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Who is Doug? Doug grew up and was educated in the Dunwoody area. Following law school, he was Chief Counsel at Georgia Pacific before he co-founded Beecher Carlson, a commercial insurance brokerage.
What does he want to do? From the start I was drawn to his platform of modernizing absentee voting and assuring the vote for the military. If you remember the 2000 vote in FL you remember how the military was disenfranchised there. We can't let that happen here. Doug also questions if the 140+ occupations, trades, and professions licensed by the state all REQUIRE state supervision. He wants to look at ways to make it easier for individuals to get to work without excessive state oversight if the nature of the work is not ever likely to be a threat to public safety. He believes starting to work or starting a business in GA should not be an ordeal of administrivia and state delay.
Can Doug win? Voters around the state have really responded to him. He wins straw polls hands down. And he's been endorsed by leading Tea Party organizations like the "912" project.
Many wonderful people in Glynn County agree with me that Doug is the new generation leader for the Secretary of State's office. Please join us. Vote in the GOP primary. Put up a yard sign! Ask your friends to support Doug.
Learn more at http://www.macginnitie.org/index.php
Doug is pictured here with Ruby Robinson at the May 15 Glynn GOP breakfast forum.