▪ Oct 9 Mon Last day to register to vote in the Nov 6 general election
▪ Oct 15 Mon Advance (in person) voting starts
▪ Oct 26-27 Ludwig Von Mises Institute 30th Anniversary Celebration, Callaway Gardens, Pine Mountain. www.mises.org
▪ Oct 27 Sat Early voting
▪ Nov 6 Tue ELECTION DAY
▪ Nov 9-11 Fri-Sun Ga Literary Festival, Golden Isles
▪ Dec 1 Sat 1:00-5:00 pm Magnolia Garden Club 4th Annual Historic Christmas Tour http://mgcbrunswickga.blogspot.com
▪ May 17 and 18, 2013, State GOP Convention in Athens, GA
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Government spends a lot of taxpayer money and wastes productive time meddling where their help isn't wanted. They buy votes by building bureaucracies for foolish feel good solutions for the problem du jour - problems often better left to individuals and litigators. Rarely do legislators address issues that matter to me every day.
Kansas did something right. They are making motoring safer and more sensible. They are attacking left lane laggers! Those hogs who waste time and patience and ignore the laws of physics. Hogging the left lane at less than the prevailing speed requires other motorists to move right to pass. Only an oblivious driver or sanctimonious, self-righteous, self-styled citizen police officer deliberately forces other drivers to pass on the right. It is much safer to keep right when cruising at or below the prevailing speed; this applies at any speed limit.
It used to be (and may still be) in the Georgia driver's manual to "KEEP RIGHT except to pass" but I have never seen it enforced. Kudos to Kansas for telling the pokey drivers to move to the right and stay there! That's just one of the things we loved about our road trip in Kansas in June 2009.